The Sustainable Economies Law Center facilitates the growth of sustainable, localized and just economies, through education, legal research and advocacy to support practices such as barter, cooperatives, community-supported enterprises, sharing, local currencies, ecovillages, urban agriculture, and local investing.
Resources Provided By SELC
- Raising Dough: A silly 45-second video about our work to raise money today.
- A Day in the Life of SELC: A fun 43-second video depicting a day in the life of SELC.
- Legal Roots of Resilience: A 4-minute cartoon about legal barriers to creating resilient communities.
- Housing for an Economically Sustainable Future: 8-minute cartoon about cooperative housing law.
- Economy Sandwich: A 9-minute cartoon all about the legal grey areas that arise in the sharing economy.
- Citylicious: A 9-minute cartoon all about legal issues that arise in connection to urban agriculture.
- Share Spray: A fun 5-minute animation about how sharing will transform the world, made in collaboration with the Center for a New American Dream.
- Legal Eats: A 14-part video series on legal topics relevant to starting a community-based food enterprise, made in collaboration with the Green Collar Communities Clinic - featuring more cartoons!
- Think Outside the Boss: An 8-part video series on legal topics relevant to starting a worker cooperative, made in collaboration with the Green Collar Communities Clinic - featuring more cartoons!
- The Legal Landscape of Social Enterprise and the Sharing Economy - featuring SELC's co-founders Jenny Kassan and Janelle Orsi - featuring more cartoons!