Five Core Values Guide all Participation and Decision Making
1. Assets: Everyone is an asset: We all have something to give.
2. Redefining Work: We redefine work to value whatever it takes to raise healthy children, build strong families, care for elders, revitalize neighborhoods, make democracy work, advance social justice and make the planet sustainable.
3. Reciprocity: Helping works better as a two-way street.
4. Community: We need each other; networks are stronger than individuals. When people help each other, they reweave communities of support, strength and trust.
5. Respect: Every human being matters. Respect for all means accountability to all.
The Mission of the Tampa Bay Timebank is to build community by encouraging members to share their talents, skills and passions, while supporting Tampa Bay activities that are in alignment with our vision, and creating meaningful exchanges between members using time, instead of money, as the currency.